Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur, Kolkata – 700 103 is one of the 169 branch centers, of Ramakrishna Mission spread over India and abroad, with its head quarter at Belur Math, Howrah, West Bengal.
The Mission was established by Swami Vivekananda, the disciple of the great seer, Sri Ramakrishna, in 1897. Along with all other branch centers the motto of the Narendrapur Centre is also “Atmano Moksharthan Jagaddhitayacha, the English version of which is “For one’s own liberation and for the welfare of the world”
The Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama, Narendrapur started its activities in 1943 through slum development in North Calcutta and shifted to its present position in outskirt of South Kolkata in 1956. At present the Ashrama is on a land of about 150 acres with its ten different institutions within.
Like the very well known Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Ramakrishna Mission Residential College, Blind Boys Academy, Agricultural Training Centre along with Lokasiksha Parishad and Integrated Rural Development and Management Faculty Centre (under Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University) form the rural development unit and is a very prominent in West Bengal and India for its dedicated workers towards the cause.